We’re finally here. On Thursday at 7:30 p.m., the Montreal Alouettes’ 2017 season begins. And it’s more than ”just” the regular season home opener: It will be a historic encounter played out at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium. For the first time, honourable Darian Durant will go up against his former Roughrider teammates. For the first time, we’ll see the line-up painstakingly assembled by the Chapdelaine-Reed tandem. And more than ever, perfect cohesion will be seen in the Montreal locker room.
Here’s what’s in store for Thursday night’s match-up.
Montreal Alouettes will have plenty to look forward to at the regular season home opener at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium on June 22, when the team goes up against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
- It promises to be a historical matchup as quarterback Darian Durant will face his former team, the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
- Thursday against the Ottawa REDBLACKS, Darian Durant completed 7 of his 12 attempted passes, amassing 113 yards and 2 touchdown passes.
- Nik Lewis needs 23 receptions to become the 4th player to reach the 1,000 mark. He also starts 2017 with 13,129 yards ranking #8 and needs 70 yards to pass Ray Elgaard (13,198) for #7 all-time. Lewis also has 13,188 career yards from scrimmage and needs 181 to pass Ben Cahoon for #10 all-time.
- Stefan Logan is looking to lead the CFL in punt return yards for the third year running (not done since 1993).
- John Bowman ranks #8 all-time with 112 sacks and is 14 short of Stewart Hill at 126 in 7th spot.
- Montreal has a record of 23 wins and 14 losses at home against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
Before leaving for the weekend, experience unforgettable moments with the Alouettes. The Alouettes are offering a package with 4 game tickets and 4 beer vouchers starting at only $33 per person.
See all of our ticket packages HERE.
Rules: Fans can schedule a meeting with an Alouettes Cheerleader to take a selfie/picture on the field of Percival Molson Memorial Stadium for only $10.
Here are the details: 1. The picture will be taken on the field, at the end of the touchdown zone.
2. To confirm your meeting, please fill out the form above.
3. Meetings take place 90 to 30 minutes before the kickoff.
4. Participants must arrive 15 minutes before the meeting’s scheduled time at the security area located at Section P7 near the black gate. Failure to do so could result in the meeting being cancelled. Don’t forget your cellphone or camera.