Hello to you all! Today, I wanted to share a habit that I’ve incorporated into my daily life for the past few years and that seems even more important in the current situation. And that is … (drum roll please): Eating your vegetables!
As we all know, over the next few weeks, we will be confined to our homes and if you’re like me, you’ve probably done all your spring cleaning already… twice! As a way to stay busy, I challenge you to integrate colour to your plate every day, for each meal!
What would your reaction be if I asked you to add vegetables to your breakfast? It’s not all that crazy if you think about it. We’ve always been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? In that case, it only makes sense that we make sure it contains vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients.
This morning, I prepared two eggs (which are excellent sources of protein and healthy fats) and a side salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers. I tossed in a bit of homemade dressing made with olive oil and red wine vinegar, and that was it! Are you up for the challenge?
Here are a few tips to help you introduce more fruits and veggies to your meals!
- 1️⃣ Start adding spinach or kale in your smoothies if you don’t already do it.
- 2️⃣ I started by adding bell peppers and cucumbers to my breakfast. They taste more subtle than raw broccoli, for example.
- 3️⃣ Prepare batches of vegetable soup. It’s a great side for any meal or you can just also pour it in a mug and sip on it, for a healthy snack.
- 4️⃣ Whenever I have a meal or a snack, I make sure to always add something green in my plate. If you only see tones of beige and brown, you know there are nutrients missing!
- 5️⃣ Prepare raw veggies that you can grab and munch on at any moment. If you have leftovers at the end of the week, toss them in a pot and make a delicious soup.
Take advantage of the extra time you have on your hands to try new recipes and get creative in the kitchen! I hope these tips will help you eat healthier!